The mission of DuPage Area Moms is to empower mothers to connect with and support each other while working towards a greater good for all mothers through local community service.
- To educate our members via programs, events, and speakers that are exciting and inspiring, and engage our members in meaningful interaction with one another;
- To provide opportunities to explore our identities beyond our role as mothers, enhancing our sense of self;
- To foster relationships within our community by providing opportunities to give back to mothers in distressing circumstances.
- Mothers are more than their relationships with their children; there is tremendous value in mothers exploring and developing all parts of their identities.
- The transitions women make into and throughout motherhood can be challenging. Mothers, as individuals, recharge by spending time with one another; a community of mothers offers vital support.
- All mothers, children, and families are unique; the wisdom of each mother to decide how to care for herself, her children, and her family should be respected.
- All the work mothers do, whether paid or unpaid, has social and economic value.
- Mothers have the right to fulfill their caregiving responsibilities without incurring social and economic penalties.
- There is great value in advocating to improve mothers' lives. We can be more and do more as a community of mothers. Together we are powerful!